Table of Contents
Goal of the Fill IDs
This tool manages the IDs of all objects in the project. In this way an object becomes unique. It generates the IDs with three possible parameters: All, Bad, News.
Access to Fill IDs
This tool is displayed in whole project and there using the project tools button (see Figure 3) :
This tool has four options:
- All : erase old values and replace them by new values (use with caution),
- Bad : rewrite wrong and fill empty values considering mismatched prefix,
- Bad / Allow prefix mismatch: mismatched prefix are not considered as wrong values,
- New : fills only empty values.
Composition of good IDs
An identifier is : TYPE _ PREFIX _ NUMBER. This identifier is an attribute named ArkiId (ID). A ‘good’ ID for Fill IDs is composed of 3 parts:
- Type of Object_: Obligatory
- Prefix of the Parent of the Object (System / Enabling System / Stakeholder / component)_: Optional
- Number: Obligatory
Remark: in only 2 cases, the second part (Object Type) remains empty after running Fill IDs/bad:
- if there is no prefix in the table of properties of its Parent.
- if an Object is on the root (since there is no prefix for the root):
- External Physical Interfaces,
- External UCs,
- External VCs.
Types of Objects concerned by this script and their prefix are as follows:
Validation campaign : VC
Test-Unit : TU
Operation : OP
PREFIX is given to an Object, if its parent has a prefix. In arKItect SEA, we can give prefix to the Objects of the following types (see Figure 4) : Stakeholder, Enabling System, System and component.
NUMBER is unique by couple TYPE_PREFIX. An object has a NUMBER the other object with the same type can't have this NUMBER even if you delete this object.